We believe God calls us to become a faith community within the Presbyterian tradition and the Church Universal that . . .
- is led by the Holy Spirit;
- becomes a beacon for Christ within the community and the world;
- capitalizes on the uniqueness and opportunities of being a small town church;
- is made up of individuals with a high commitment to God’s service;
- nurtures to all ages;
- involves everyone in Christian Education;
- provides an environment in which all participants know they are valued and cared for.
We proclaim the Word of God for all people in all forums, and model Christ’s teaching through the lives we lead.
We “believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; he descended into hell; the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right had of God the Father Almighty; from thense he shall come to judge and quick and dead.” We “believe in the Holy Ghost; the holy catholic Church; the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body; and the life everlasting. Amen”